Danny Iny, founder of Mirasee, talks about his humble beginnings, the adversities he’s faced and what he’s doing to help entrepreneurs. He also talks about his new book, Teach and Grow Rich, and we dive into a case study on marketing and course development.
Danny Iny (@DannyIny) is the founder of Mirasee, host of the Business Reimagined podcast, best-selling author of multiple books including Engagement from Scratch!, The Audience Revolution, and Teach and Grow Rich, and creator of the acclaimed Audience Business Masterclass and Course Builder’s Laboratory training programs, which have together graduated over 5,000 value-driven online entrepreneurs.
All of this grew out of humble beginnings; he started out just like most online entrepreneurs, with an idea and message to share, and no idea how to do it. He made several wrong turns – which he calls “plot twists” in the Audience Revolution – before really understanding the Audience First paradigm, and how to apply it to online business.
And when he did, it was like lighting a match to a fuse. Back in 2011, he started Firepole Marketing with less than nothing; he had no traffic, no subscribers, no relationships with any influencers in the industry, and over a quarter million dollars in personal debt, left over from his last failed startup.
In just a few short years, he’s transformed Firepole Marketing into Mirasee, grown the business to multiple seven figures in revenue and a team of 30+ people spread all over the world (including his talented wife) on a mission to support a very special global community of 50,000+ loyal and inspired entrepreneurs.
Danny has maintained a passionate commitment to learning and transparency, freely sharing lessons learned from great successes, major challenges, and even his personal life to support the online entrepreneurial community as a teacher, speaker, angel investor, and advisor to many of the top leaders in our industry, who have Danny on speed-dial when they need help with their business or strategy.
Some Questions We Ask:
- When he hears the word successful, who’s the first person that comes to mind and why?
We all have it within us to improve our circumstances. We all have it within us to do better.
- What’s the origin of his book and why did he write it?
- What is it about teaching for him that is so interesting and why is he trying to empower people to learn how to leverage it more on their own time?
- What would he say to somebody who has something that has an audience, but has not taken action? How could one take action with something that is not as tactical?
- With regard to course development, is there a benchmark for the length of the course, for the amount of content?
- In a lot of online courses, from online business folks, you don’t see a lot of the assessment stuff. What is his take on those core 3 fundamentals in instructional design? Does he think that’s important? Or is it a different thing outside of the traditional education system?
- What about marketing strategies? Are there one or two that use the 80-20 rule that are the most effective for the least amount of time? Or is it a one-on-one proposition? You got to put in the time to make sure that you’re marketing the right way?
- Gary Bencivenga: The single greatest key to making sales is proof.
- What books or couple of books have most impacted him and why?
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- The short head vs the long tail concept
- Case studies of customers he’s helped, who have been in that situation and have turned nothing into something?
- An exercise to figure out what is an area where they might have something to teach that will be valuable to others
- Video testimonials vs written testimonials: which is more impactful?
Teach and Grow Rich: http://Teachandgrowrichbook.com
Business Reimagined Podcast: https://mirasee.com/blog/category/business-reimagined-podcast/